B'more Careful

Monday, July 03, 2006

This morning I woke up feeling like a harem princess.

Yesterday, Sweet Potato redecorated my entire apartment. (Mr. Potato quite patiently screwed things into the wall, created a plumb and checked the level of my ceiling among other things, and guarded the car while Sweet Potato and I returned to Ikea for a tres cool looped curtain which absolutely does not have a hippie vibe.)

Sweet Potato is developing her decorating philosophy, and one day, I predict that she'll have her own home design empire a la Martha Stewart. Some Sweet Potato-isms:
  • Rooms should flow into each other.
  • Spaces should be defined.
  • asymmetry looks cool.
  • Dangling things look neat.

My apartment looks occupied for the first time. And not in a bad way, like France in early '40s.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home