B'more Careful

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

So, I'll admit, my last post was a weenie-post. My dear readership (all two of y'all - hollah back!) must have been gravely disappointed.

The 4th is always eventful in the Petard-i-verse, except for those years when it isn't, and I am happy to report that this year was no exception!

The evening began with a delicious dinner at the Potaoes, with Mr. Potato's father, the Marine Mammal Official (MMO) and his wife, the knitting Alaskan programmer (KAP). After a rousing - errrr - long game of Trivial Pursuit, a coinciding game of phone tag with Captain America came to an unexpected conclusion. Shooting shit is postponed to next week, but Captain America did come out to watch fireworks with the rest of the merry - errrr - contented band. The scene at the Wynan Park baseball field was, as Cptn USA put it, "like the bar scene in Star Wars."

I had a lovely time, and I grow to like the Potatoes more with each passing day. I'm sad I didn't get to know them well earlier.

In Sports News, the national teams of both boys who recently neglected to call after the first date have met humiliating ends in the World Cup. Ukraine and Germany, leave comments and I'll let you know which of your countrymen is to blame. Bwah ha ha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home