B'more Careful

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Ye olde internet connection was down last night, so this is what I would have said, had tech-mology been cooperating:

I've had trouble breathing since Q and I broke up three months ago. Distress can cause chest constriction, you know. So, I've been pitying myself, thinking "I haven't been able to breathe in three months." Sigh, woe is me.

Well, yesterday morning, after a rather alarming, unhappy discovery, the thought pops into my mind, "I don't need to breathe. I'm a fish."

My dear sister will accuse me of being obscure, but I can't think of a more clear way to put it. Glory be, I am a fish.

I also promised ma soeur that I'd find the upside by the end of the day. The upside is as follows:

  • I lost 0.8 lbs this week, for a grand total of 103.8 lbs.

But the real upside always is that the world is a strange and wonderful place, that God has not yet seen fit to test me like Abraham, and that I am being molded into something better all the time.

2 Comments:

  • Hey, if you're a fish you're a fish. I bet you're a pretty one. Not a maquerel though. I maquerelle (f) is French for Pimpess, or Madame or what you like.

    Make sure you check out today's apod. It's very cool. It is so cool that you will not worry about fish, Q or Dr Rice, Secretary of State. The world is full of marvelous things.

    -Dr Y.

    By Blogger Dr Yakalumpf, PhD, at 4:19 PM  

  • Dr Chompers agrees with Dr Y! Today's apod is the BEST.

    Can't comment on the fish thing though... Though I am happy to say that I have always been happier in the water (I'm sure that Dr Y will agree with me :) ) so being a fish is not such a bad thing... should we call you The Incredible Ms. Limpet?

    -Dr. C

    By Blogger Dr Chompers, Ph.D, at 9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home