B'more Careful

Saturday, November 25, 2006

I suppose it's about time for actual news, instead of animal noise posts.

Oink. :)

Well, the charitable arm of Jean Luc Corp has embarked upon a truly ill-conceived project with the afterschool club for inner city kids. We're producing THE BEST CHRISTMAS PAGEANT EVER. Well, not "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever." Just a Christmas pageant that, if not the best, will be very, very good, even though I'm not the most Christian-y of Christians and the woman who runs the program has visions of a post-apocalyptic urban set with vacancy signs in windows and Mary giving birth to the Prince of Peace in a cardboard box.

All I'm saying is I hope someone bought a refridgerator for the holidays because I don't see how we'll fit Mary, Joseph, Jesus, sheep, and three wise men in a Panasonic flat screen box.

In Arts & Entertainment, the female Petards watched our youngest member play the violin at Barnes & Noble today. And then we lunched.

Last night, the IwMNs, Fries, Birds, and SwM went for a night on the town at the TAXLO dance party. The Swan brought friends, including...must think of nom de guerre..."Robin." A guy. A funny guy. Who was like, "So, what do you usually do on Friday nights?"

And I was like, "Well, I sometimes have dinner with the Indians, or go dancing, or blah blah blah. And what do you do on Friday nights?"

And so on until I forced him to say, "I am asking you whether YOU'D like to do something with ME on a Friday night."

And I was like, "Ooooooooohhhhhhhh. Yeah, okay."

At least I think that's what was said. It was kind of hard to hear over the melodic strains of "Whoomp, there it is."

9 Comments:

  • You can't go wrong with "Whoomp there it is" in the background. It should be the venue in which all people are asked out on a date. All people would be dating so much more.

    By Blogger Cryan, at 11:34 AM  

  • One of my fondest associations with Tag Team's magnum opus was a midshipman explaining to me in my green youth how to use a lagrangian to derive the equations of motion for a double pendulum. See, you define the lagrangian, crank the equations, and then...'WHOOMP there it is!'

    He didn't ask me out though, so there you go.

    By Blogger Dr Yakalumpf, PhD, at 5:32 PM  

  • Dr. C-

    You're slighty off. Dr. Y is a NYERRRD.

    JLP

    By Blogger Jean Luc Petard, at 7:15 PM  

  • I am a geek-american and proud of it.

    By Blogger Dr Yakalumpf, PhD, at 9:24 AM  

  • I am so tired of all the people who try and pretend like they're down with lagrangians now, ever since Jay-Z referenced them in "Crazy in Love." You know, "Jay-Z in the Range/crazy and deranged/they can't figure it out, they're like, 'Hey, is he insane?/MCs be stressed cuz my mic mechanics are classic like Lagrange."

    Last year, they were frontin' like Newton (or laughably, even Focault pendulums! As if! What is this, 1985? Where's your high top fade?) was where it was at, and now they're all like, "Naaa, it ain't even like that. I been about the Euler-Lagrange equations since day 1, son. My love for that's been constant like Hamilton's constant, ya heard?"

    Whatever. Those kids have been switching their styles up - undergoing Legendre transformations, if you will. And I think you will. Just because I'm known for dropping science doesn't mean I won't drop math on you. So make sure you're true about what you about, "Dr."

    And also, please don't ask me followup questions on any of the topics I just mentioned. I think it's clear you'll find all you need here.

    By Blogger paperback reader, at 6:15 PM  

  • apropos of nothing, but writing "Statement of Research Interests" is only the most boring thing in the history of the universe. How sad is it that I am not interested in my own research?

    grumble, grumble, grumble

    By Blogger Dr Chompers, Ph.D, at 9:55 AM  

  • I've always found it hard to answer the questions "what my interests are?" (Biggie asked me this before popping, "Who you be with?") I don't think I have interests...I find things interesting, like hedge hogs and evolution and hedge hog evolution. But I'm not sure if I have any which merit being and Interest. You should say your interest is research.

    By Blogger Jean Luc Petard, at 3:36 PM  

  • Uh oh! You are now a target for BLAMMERS!!! I made that word up: BLOG+SPAM = BLAM :)

    I am tired.

    By Blogger Dr Chompers, Ph.D, at 5:49 PM  

  • Hey! How is the Christmas Pageant progressing?

    By Blogger Dr Chompers, Ph.D, at 4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home