B'more Careful

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Murgh. I've been sick. Probably not strep throat, but something similar. Sore throat, low grade fever, and swollen glands, which for some reason irritate me more than any other common cold/flu symptom. Swollen glands are definitely going on the "Enemies" list.

Due to illness, I did nothing this weekend but go grocery shopping, spend three hours at PatientFirst for a diagnosis of "that must suck - wait it out," and visit the Essex branch of the public library for the first time. I wonder if anyone else takes field trips to various branches of the public library. I like to see their differing arrangements. Of course, it's all Dewey Decimal System, but there are delightful idiosyncrasies, like the whompingly huge Judaica section at the Pikesville branch. The Cockeysville Branch has a big Korean language section, and Reisterstown has a large Russian collection. The North Point Branch has a big sign for fishing and hunting licenses.

All in all, I agree with my dear sister that "librarians are the bulwark of democracy," and I would add that libraries are the artillery.

Fire on.

1 Comments:

  • Yea, for libraries! Andy would be pround.

    btw, you've inspired me to write more in my online journal. (I refuse to say the word blog, I hate it)

    By Blogger Cryan, at 5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home