B'more Careful

Monday, November 06, 2006

It's recently come to my attention that my amorous feelings are virtually indistinguishable from avarice. I'm a greedy little child. I want the object of my affection like a robber baron wants a filthy lucre. But moreover, I want the god of my idolaltry to worship me. Of course, they never do, so I become jealous and mean-spirited. And this is love? My love is a thin, sorry thing. My friendship is a sorry thing if it can turn instantly to acquisitiveness.

Well, enough philosophizin'.

In Social News (really the only news fit to print), I had a lovely dinner with the Fries and IwMN on Friday night. Saturday night SwD and I hung out at the bars and had a wonderfully edifying chat. Then on Sunday, the IwMN made a delicious Indian dinner, and Reds and I went to church and R.C.I.A., whereupon we illustrated the slaying of a goat's kid and the splattering of said kid's blood on Joseph's coat of many colors. Ripping good time! (Actually, really it was.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home