B'more Careful

Monday, November 19, 2007

Man, peripheral people in my life have been very difficult to me lately. I actually told a grown-up woman to bite me in front of a group today. She had it coming -whoa did she- but still. I think I was raised better.

Wasn't I? Dr. Y?

People are difficult.

Of course, so are bunnies. The other day, Mr. Darcy chewed up the cover of Captured by Helen Kirkman. It is a sleazy romance novel. Mr. Darcy nibbled right up to the hero's rippling abs, and just barely missed the "m" in "Love is the only freedom."

It was a library book. It cost $11 and all of my dignity.




8 Comments:

  • I think the bunny is saying, "read less, feed me more."

    By Blogger Cryan, at 6:07 PM  

  • Small shivers passed through her. Her gaze travelled over a light-gilded cheekbone, a straight nose, the solid thickness of a square jaw…the skin was dusted with a dark stubble already dense enough to blur the strongly carved perfection of that outline. Living flesh, male. If he belonged to the realm of dreams, it was the world of night dreams that were heated, erotic.


    You were definitely brought up to read better books than that!

    By Blogger Dr Yakalumpf, PhD, at 10:46 AM  

  • I didn't say it was a GOOD trashy book. That's kind of why it was on the floor in reach of bunny.

    By Blogger Jean Luc Petard, at 6:58 PM  

  • I wonder if your problems with men could be linked to the heroes of your trashy romances. You, like Emma B. and Don Q. maybe shouldn't believe everything you read in books.

    By Blogger Dr Yakalumpf, PhD, at 7:11 PM  

  • No, my problems with men cause me to read the books, not vice versa. I never expect a bf to "belong to the realm of dreams." I just want them to stick around and not quote dumb movies. All my bfs have been very romantic until they left.

    By Blogger Jean Luc Petard, at 7:34 PM  

  • Well, maybe that's the problem, picking the romantic ones. Maybe they shouldn't be "romantic".

    By Blogger Dr Yakalumpf, PhD, at 8:36 PM  

  • Define "dumb movie" please? I am curious.

    By Blogger c1150, at 1:27 AM  

  • gobble gobble gobble

    By Blogger Dr Chompers, Ph.D, at 10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home