B'more Careful

Sunday, October 21, 2007

BIG NEWS!

I am now the proud owner of a pet rabbit! A co-worker found him under his back porch, and asked me to release him at the farm. But that would pretty much be death-by-owl, so I decided to keep him. The vet says he is an 18 month old male Rex rabbit with chinchilla coloring. And he's a boy.

He doesn't do much. I was ragging him about that yesterday. I'm all like, "Hey, bunny. What are you planning on doing today? Sit in the left corner or the right corner?" And then I shifted from the lefthand corner of the couch to the righthand corner to watch another two hours of House.

But I don't poop when I sit. Which differentiates me from the beasts!

Any ideas for names? Dad suggested "Crusader."

9 Comments:

  • How about calling him Dinner? :)

    No, I'm just kidding. I don't have any good bunny names. If he had a jacket, you could call him jacket bunny, or JB for short :)

    By Blogger Dr Chompers, Ph.D, at 2:14 PM  

  • How about Rex?

    I agree with Dr C. I think 'lapin a la moutarde' would be a good name for a bunny.

    By Blogger Dr Yakalumpf, PhD, at 3:30 PM  

  • I did briefly consider "Welsh Rabbit."

    By Blogger Jean Luc Petard, at 4:21 PM  

  • Spot? A la Star Trek, and then he could have a mysterious sex change in the 6th season. [who me, geek?]

    Or after one of the rabbits from Watership Down? I don't know which one though...

    Then I was going to suggest whatever the name of the rabbit who was friends with Winnie-the-Pooh. Imagine my consternation to find his name is "Rabbit". That seems too easy.

    So I basically have nothing. Sorry.

    By Blogger c1150, at 10:30 PM  

  • General Woundwort!! Or the Black Rabbit of Inle (if 'chinchilla' coloring means 'black')

    By Blogger Dr Yakalumpf, PhD, at 9:28 AM  

  • But is it a fascist bunny? I didn't want to presume.

    By Blogger c1150, at 9:43 AM  

  • Well, 'general woundwort' sounds a lot cooler than 'fiver' or 'hraihroohwiiihooo' or whatever.

    Also, if he's sending J-L all over the place to supply him with tasty treats that he refuses to eat, and furthermore won't do the dishes, than he sounds like a pretty questionable character, even if not fascist per se.

    By Blogger Dr Yakalumpf, PhD, at 10:24 AM  

  • Correction: I meant "poop WHERE I sit."

    And Y, it was a hrurudu.

    By Blogger Jean Luc Petard, at 8:24 PM  

  • Dr. Y,

    This is true, but if we don't limit ourselves to extant rabbits;

    Stanley Kolwalski, Streetcar Named Desire

    Homer Simpson

    John Wayne Bobbit

    I'm sure with enough time I could come up with many more boorish louts from literature and real life.

    By Blogger c1150, at 10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home