B'more Careful

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

We thoroughly discussed the limpet at dinner tonight, and after the topic was exhausted, Swims with Dolphins told the table about a snail that surfs ocean currents to beaches where feasts of dead fish await. Once gorged, the sailing snail burrows into the sand and awaits high tide to take him home again.

Sometimes I am not a fish at all. Sometimes I'm a sailing snail.

In Arts news, I saw an exhibit on race, gender, and ethnicity at the American Visionary Arts Museum this afternoon. They had a computer program which scans your face and alters your features to show how you'd look as Asian, black, Latino, etc. As a black woman, I look like Juwanna Mann.

In Chess news, I lost a game last night to Captain America, the mechanic. Sigh. I am such a classist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home