B'more Careful

Friday, December 08, 2006

My apologies, dearest common taters. After the "blamming" incident, I apparently enabled comment moderation, having no idea what that was, of course. So your funny comments (and Dr. Y's) have been piling up like those little, tube-dwelling mice-moles with no eyes that you can see at the National Zoo. Those things are gross.

Happy Feast of the Immaculate Conception, by the way. I didn't know until today that the feast refers to MARY'S conception, not Jesus'. So you wonder...how far back does this immaculate conception go? For some reason, I think of anemones or hydras, sprouting sinless ancestors for the son of God.

I feel okay being blasphemous about this because the dogma of the Immaculate Conception has no basis in Scripture, only Tradition. This is not a logical argument, but it is the one I'm offering. Take it or leave it.

Also, I am VERY tired. So I'll have to check back tomorrow to see if the sea anemone thing makes sense.

5 Comments:

  • Dr Chompers didn't know until the other day either that the Immaculate Conception referred to Mary's conception. I'm not sure why there's such confusion, except maybe bad PR. Anyway don't you all celebrate Annunciation on March 25? How does it make sense that the angel would announce the impending Pregnancy the standard 9 months in advance but hold off on the conception until a couple weeks before the due date?

    I think J-L Petard and Chompie have been spending too much time ogling the cuties in their religion classes.

    By Blogger Dr Yakalumpf, PhD, at 4:22 AM  

  • Dr Y has been reading too many novels about crime fighting nuns! That is where she got all her religious expertise.

    -Dr C

    By Blogger Dr Chompers, Ph.D, at 9:10 AM  

  • I will say this: I am entirely confused by modern technology, and I use "modern" loosely to include anything invented since the Code of Hammurabi. I also was apparently blocking comments unintentionally, which is decidedly less fun than censoring people intentionally. It's a little extra effort, sure, but so many extra jackass points.

    Speaking of those: how many Immaculate Conceptions are we supposed to buy into? All I'm saying: if my wife came up to me and said, "Baby, I'm pregnant by the Lord," she'd be having her baby in a manger by herself, unless I could be sure some random dude would be bringing us gold shortly after the birth. In that case, I'd stick around so I could steal the gold (and possibly frankincense, time permitting) before saying, "I don't care how many Seraphim you send to me in dreams, I'm not buying it!" And I would abscond with the goodies (sans myrrh) into the night.

    By Blogger paperback reader, at 10:37 AM  

  • If your wife comes up to you and says anything, I've sorely misjudged the situation.

    By Blogger Jean Luc Petard, at 5:04 PM  

  • Perhaps. You do mean because she's a deaf mute, right?

    By Blogger paperback reader, at 10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home