B'more Careful

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Well, I've received FURTHER COMMUNICATION from Boris vis a vis the dump. Apparently, stress from finishing his dissertation caused the "demise of our relationship" but...wait for it...I am the smartest girl he's ever met "if that helps a little."

And I have to share this (and Boris, if you're still reading my blog, forgive this small betrayal since I promise to never tell anyone what I swore to never tell)...Boris entitled the post-dump explanatory email "pour kitty."

Kitty was his nickname for me.

"Pour" is a mispelling of "poor."

Obviously, I am not a smart girl.

5 Comments:

  • 'Pour kitty' sounds like the brand name something you put in a cat box.

    I'm sure Boris is lovely and all, but I have to say I get that 'smartest woman I know' business a lot and it bugs the crap out of me. It's not 'smartest person' is it? It's 'in comparison to the rest of the dumber sex, you are the smartest.' Gee, thanks.

    I should note, though, that Jean-Luc is smarter than I.

    By Blogger Dr Yakalumpf, PhD, at 3:27 AM  

  • Nope. You're smarter. You don't take guff from the opposite sex. Who are BRIMMING with guff. Guff-stuffed.

    By Blogger Jean Luc Petard, at 7:17 AM  

  • Having known Dr Y for some time, I am qualified (I am a Dr, afterall) to say that she is very smart. So, if she says that JLP is smarter, I'm inclined to believe her...

    As far as guff is concerned, I'd say that there is plenty of guff-giving-gender equity out there. I've given as much guff as I've ever received....

    By Blogger Dr Chompers, Ph.D, at 7:56 AM  

  • Having only met Dr. Y once, I am not able to accurately judge but I can say that some brillant people came from Ma and Pa Petard.

    What I hate even more than "smartest woman/girl" is when someone says that but then doesn't listen to your thoughts on a topic (or straight up facts that you offer), especially when it is in your area of expertise.

    By Blogger SwD, at 2:42 AM  

  • pour kitty as is "for kitty", chere Kitty..

    By Blogger boris, at 5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home