B'more Careful

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Wow, I have been very remiss in my posting. Yesterday I was starring in a film, but for Friday, I have no excuse.

(Hee, hee. I was starring in a film.)

The shoot was eternal (I left the house at 5 a.m. and got home at 1 a.m.), and oh my but acting is a lot of standing around, wondering "what's keeping lunch?" (Union actors get paid every 15 minutes that a meal is late.)

We shot at four locations: the Canadian Embassy in D.C., a creek in Silver Spring, a rowhome under construction in Hampden, and a pool in Carroll County. My co-star, an Orlando Bloom look-alike, squired me from location to location in his 1991 Subaru with a stinky, dead mouse moldering in the dash. He made up for his elaborate plans to start an ethanol monopoly should acting not pan out by doing a spot-on rendition of Arlo Guthrie singing "Alice's Restaurant."

Farid, the most charming white-haired, Iranian insurance broker, drove me to my car at the end of shooting, which reminds me that I should send him an e-thank you. If Farid is indicative of the Iranian character, I do hope we don't invade them.

The film is showing this Tuesday at the BMA. To be honest, the plot was incoherent, my acting was hammy, and my best line (I am a journalism student, and I'm looking for an opportunity.) is fairly snappy compared to the rest. But I'm a movie actress now, in addition to international playgirl, so it's all good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home