B'more Careful

Friday, August 04, 2006

OK...I am back by popular demand with advice for the lovelorn and those wishing to break into public access television.

This week in the Travel section, all the Nader-voting members of the Petard family went to New Jersey! Also road tripping was the sole Spiro Agnew-voting member of mi familia. It was everything a trip to New Jersey can be!

In Entertainment news, I wrapped filming of a interview-style infomercial for a Christian motivational speaker who preaches ABSTINENCE. I got $25 and a wicked case of the heebie jeebies for my efforts. In the Personals section, the director wants my hot bod. He keeps asking me out to dinner, but sadly, he is a.) in his forties b.) twice divorced c.) the father of two and d.) Canadian. Even more sadly, he's quite funny and we get along swimmingly.

And as for the lovelorn, here's something to ponder. Back in November, Q took me on a romantic weekend to New York, and we visited the Metropolitan Museum. I had the chance to go again this week with the family, and a large part of me didn't want to go. But I loved the Met before Q, and I am not a weenie, etc...But this is the key part: Q and I toured the Asian and European Painting galleries. So for this visit, I explored the American Wing, the Darfur temple (or whatever), and the European sculpture garden. The moral of the story is...

5 Comments:

  • the moral is what?

    By Blogger Dr Chompers, Ph.D, at 9:44 PM  

  • You do believe in ghosts you do you do you do. They haunt places where you used to be happy.

    The Met and all other museums of its stature are huge and their collections cannot be encompassed in a single day. One should strive to broaden one's experience by seeing a variety of exhibits there. Good for you for not returning like a moth to the monets.

    The world is bigger than you.

    By Blogger Dr Yakalumpf, PhD, at 9:13 AM  

  • You have to *say* what the moral is, Chompie.

    By Blogger Dr Yakalumpf, PhD, at 9:14 AM  

  • Dr Y seems a bit snippy today! :)

    By Blogger Dr Chompers, Ph.D, at 9:17 AM  

  • The moral is that just as there are more wings in the Metropolitan Museum, there are more fish in the sea...which is only reassuring if fish don't gross you out.

    And Dr. Y seems to have been channeling Gertrude Stein there a bit, eh Chompers?

    By Blogger Jean Luc Petard, at 10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home