B'more Careful

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Another Episode in the Dream Sequence

Last night, I dreamed there was a huge, gray snake by the pond where I grew up. It was a very threatening, malicious sort of snake. My father, grandfather, and I put it in a bucket of water, but it released its venom, scarring itself into an even more forminable (and slimy) serpent. So, my father, grandfather, and I tried to build it a hutch, but we couldn't find materials that fit snugly together, so I had to watch as the snake -most evil-y and without trying to hide its intentions- escaped from the hutch.

I described the dream to my father at brunch today. He said, "Well, Jean Luc, if we ever get in that situation we'll just get a hoe and whack its head off."

For some reason, I find that very reassuring.

2 Comments:

  • Your dreams are certainly getting better from a psychoanalytic standpoint.

    By Blogger Dr Yakalumpf, PhD, at 10:29 AM  

  • last night, i dreamt that a hamburger ate me!

    no, just kidding. I have nothing to add to this thread, but I'm bored.

    By Blogger Dr Chompers, Ph.D, at 11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home