B'more Careful

Sunday, August 26, 2007

You know, dear readers, in all my knashing of teeth regarding my inability to people a nest of my own, I do tend to overlook the benefits of the solitary life.

Such as:

*Blaring Amy Winehouse's "Valerie" at 4:00 p.m. on a Sunday afternoon THREE TIMES IN A ROW because I felt an urge

*Reading for several hours straight sans interruption, and alternating position between bed and sofa sans critical remark

*Eating 98% fat free popcorn for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and NOT ONCE thinking that this kind of diet is in anyway unusual or undesireable

When you let people in your nest, you also let in their CONVENTIONAL OPINIONS.

More horrifically, you tend to start expressing your own CONVENTIONAL OPINIONS and getting deeply cheesed off when the bf wants to play Enya when you're trying to go to sleep.

All I'm saying is that I don't believe dudes should listen to Enya pre-slumber, but I will fight to protect their right to listen.

1 Comments:

  • Having been solitary now for 6 months, after 15 years of not being solitary [some of that being college roommates] I am in agreement with much of what you say and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

    Though there are times when I fear I will turn into the neighborhood "crazy cat lady" and to really get into the role, I would need gender reassignment surgery. I can't afford that.

    But yes, on the whole, I have learned to enjoy my aloneness much more than I thought I would.

    PS: One would likely go white as a sheet if one saw what my daily meals consist of, so I do not presume to cast aspersions at other's choices in victuals.

    PPS: I can see Enya as a lullaby, not my first or even 23rd choice, but if it were played low enough I'm sure it would put me to sleep.

    By Blogger c1150, at 10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home