B'more Careful

Monday, February 25, 2008

Well, dear readers, my romance with the Professor continues on a pace. This weekend, he took me to a FACULTY MIXER. I was very, very apprehensive. I felt like a lamb among mutton (for lack of a semi-decent analogy). But it was okay. Not my idea of fun, mind, but okay. I will say that faculty are considerably less pretentious than grad students. Go figure.

Also this weekend, the Professor and I played Scrabble, and I won by a landslide despite Dr. Y's not-so-very-helpfulness. I say "atoil" is too a word, OED be damned!

3 Comments:

  • ahhh, the faculty mixer. I've been to a few of those. they're always death... not really the best idea for a date.

    also, atoil is not a word. you need to come up w/ a convincing definition for a word before you can use it in scrabble.

    By Blogger Dr Chompers, Ph.D, at 9:00 AM  

  • It's a small coral island where work is done.

    By Blogger c1150, at 7:45 PM  

  • Thank you for the note cards!

    By Blogger Dr Yakalumpf, PhD, at 12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home