B'more Careful

Monday, May 21, 2007

As has been pointed out to me by than more than one source, my last post was a bit MOPE-ISH. Lest you think I am succumbing to the mulligrubs, I thought I'd reassure my dear readership that I am indeed PILOT of the GOOD SHIP LOLLIPOP and demonstrate my carefree joie de vivre with a discussion of a most life-affirming topic: bad smells.

As you may or may not know, HQ is being renovated. This entails peeling off the outer shell of the roof, and apparently, revealing a layer of primordial ooze that smells "perhaps like rotten eggs." Our brave leader directs the troops "not to complain." Finally, he reassures us that "this is not an unhealthy situation just a smelly one [SIC]."

Perhaps not PHYSICALLY unhealthy, but mentally DEVASTATING. Have you ever smelt rotten eggs and tried NOT to comment on it? The mind searches for remarks that are not complaints...to no avail. There is no way to say "my, there seems to be the overpowering odor of fetal chicken death" in a manner that does not suggest that really, you'd rather not have that offense to the very nature of sensory perception invading your nostrils.

And you CANNOT refrain from remark in the face of such remarkable olfactory belligerence.

So I am trying to think of the least complain-y remarks I can make. Like:

Ah, the smell of progress.

Who left the eggs out? Who? Who?

or my personal favorite

This does NOT smell like an unhealthy situation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home